Saturday, September 28, 2013

two more carvings

Well I have gotten two more carvings done, an elf and a Santa carving. I have tried to change things up with the carvings as these will be for a church bizarre in November and don't want everything exactly the same. So I have been playing around with different things in my carvings. I will do the same when I paint them as well. I have included a picture of the three together so you can see I am also playing around with the different sizes and lengths. These carvings are good since October almost here, you need to understand one thing I hate Halloween. This being true my mind begins to look forward to Christmas, the movies, cartoons and the songs of the holiday. I love the truth of the holiday and the birth of my Savior but I also love everything else that is part and parcel of the holiday. Let me let you in on a little secret, you can do both. It is my belief that we should stop being such sticks in the mud. Why can't we celebrate the holidays and the glory of the gospel. I have heard people say we can either enjoy the fun of the holiday or we can understand the truth of the gospel, wow, that sounds wrong, doesn't it?

 Ecclesiastes 3:1 To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:

Maybe I am reading this wrong but to me it sounds like you can enjoy the Grinch and the first Christmas, where unto us a child was born. I pray someday we will understand that we should have enough heart in us to do both.  






Carpe diem carving


No comments:

Post a Comment