Thursday, June 23, 2016

a new old one has emerged pt 2


 Well this one is done, what fun. I carve some that get entered in competition and some that end up being placed in my shop for sell and then like this one it's all about the fun of not only carving but piecing him together to have a final staged carving. In the same way I would pick up this and say I should add this to that was the way I approached painting him. It didn't hurt that I have Sci-Fi fans in the family. My youngest would look at what I had done and would suggest colors he thought would match up with the whole Jedi spoof. He wanted the beard painted grey but after I had applied the color I wasn't happy so I came back with some faint white and then again with some faint blue for his beard. The only thing I have considered is adding some dry white to the beard today but we'll see. Overall I think he's a fun one, now to find him his place on the desk.

as always, 
"Good night and may God bless"

(and may the force be with you)

No comments:

Post a Comment