Saturday, March 4, 2017

how I sketch

Many may have noticed the little lad on my page wishing everyone a Happy Saint Patty's day, you know the one with no arms and no feet. He was a sketch back when working on designs for characters for my book. I never explored him very far but liked the bit I had done so one evening when I had no agenda for the night I decided I would paint him up in water color. Down the road I may revisit him but for now I like the portion I did and am happy with the results.

The hillbilly in my pattern book and seen on the front cover started out the same as my Irish gent, just a quick sketch on a scrap piece of paper. Once I started gathering the ones together that I thought people might want to carve I then began completing the cartoons I thought I might want in the book.


I have a full collection of sketches of half developed characters and one day I will get back to each and every one. Many of my characters I want to see carved into wood one day and the others I want to see painted in water color. After all I still want to do a coffee table book of my life based on my cartoons and how they and I have improved over time. At least they have.



as always, 
"Good night and May God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment