Thursday, September 14, 2017

carving time


Almost every night now I have done a carving and everyone has been an ornament thus far. This reminded me of last year when I talked with a carver at the Hickory show. While we were talking I told him I guess I need to work on carving full body characters and he asked me why. I said since I have a pattern book out with full body characters I should carve a few. His reply was that I illustrated them and unless I had a passion for carving full body characters he didn't see the point. After all even for those of us that sell our work, it still comes down to the time spent carving, so carve what makes you happy and the rest will take care of itself. Do I want to carve some full body characters yeah one day just not today.



as always, 
"Good night and May God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment