Wednesday, September 26, 2012

with color


 Here is the final product. I am thinking of re-sanding the base and doing something different with that but other than that issue I am fairly happy with this one. I left the beard plain and think it works well for this carving. I also watered down the paint so the grain still comes through even through the uniform blouse.

Next I will try another bust but maybe change him to a WWI pilot or possibly a dough boy in honor of my grandpa who served in France in WWI. This was a nice change of pace though and am anxious to get started on the next one like it. Will do an ornament or two while waiting for my wood order from Heinecke wood. Will be a small window on this since I put it in an order a few days ago. I won't have too much time to wait they ship extremely fast, at least I think so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment