Saturday, December 22, 2012

Favorite Christmas Movies


Well it is here Christmas once again. It seems to have gotten here so fast this year that many have not taken the time to enjoy the season itself. I hope everyone has a moment or two to stop and enjoy the holiday for soon it will be over and a new year will begin.
As some may know I am a big movie buff, and the movies from the 40’s are my favorites, black and white movies don’t bother me at all. I thought I would take a moment and name a few of my favorite holiday movies, some you will know and maybe some will be new to your list. All the movies listed will be from my oldies collection, so here we go and not in any particular order.
  •          The Shop Around the Corner
  •          The Man Who Came to Dinner
  •          It’s a Wonderful Life
  •          Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version)
  •          Meet John Doe
  •          Holiday Inn (first time for Bing Crosby to sing White Christmas)
  •          White Christmas
  •          Going My Way
  •          Christmas in Connecticut
  •          The Bishops Wife
  •     A Christmas Carol (Alastair Sim 1951)

· 
Many of these you can find on TCM and some you can get through Amazon and other outlets. These are some of the warmest and funniest movies of the holiday. Like many, I need a distraction from today’s definition of what Christmas has become. Maybe it is the artist in me but these movies help me refocus my head and heart during the Holiday and help to remind me of what Christmas can and should be to all of us.

 Merry Christmas 

No comments:

Post a Comment