Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Change in plans, no show



Well there has been a change in plans and I won't be doing the craft show this weekend, I have two things I need to carve and after that I won't touch my knives until after the first of the year. I don't imagine that I will post anything else either since it is time to focus on Christmas and my family. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and has time to be with friends and family during this time. I won't wish you happy new year since I don't plan on giving the new year much thought. For your Christmas gift I will share from the movie "The Bishops Wife", fun movie and gives you something to take to heart at the end of the film. God Bless and keep you.

  The Bishop's Wife - Christmas Sermon - Meaning of Christmas

Tonight I want to tell you the story of an empty stocking. 

Once upon a midnight clear, there was a child's cry, a blazing star hung over a stable, and wise men came with birthday gifts. We haven't forgotten that night down the centuries.
 We celebrate it with stars on Christmas trees, with the sound of bells, and with gifts. 

But especially with gifts. You give me a book, I give you a tie. Aunt Martha has always wanted an orange squeezer and Uncle Henry can do with a new pipe. For we forget nobody, adult or child. All the stockings are filled, all that is, except one. And we have even forgotten to hang it up. The stocking for the child born in a manger. It’s his birthday we're celebrating. Don't let us ever forget that. 

Let us ask ourselves what He would wish for most. And then, let each put in his share, loving kindness, warm hearts, and a stretched out hand of tolerance. All the shinning gifts that make peace on earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment