Friday, May 27, 2016


So the other night I took a break from cartooning and carved a piece of what most would consider scrap wood. It was about 3/4" squared piece of bass wood and about 6" long. At first I wasn't sure what to do with it so I just started carving and by the time I was done this is who was there. Now as many may know I usually carve ornaments on a corner block piece of wood yet this guy due to the size of the wood I just carved him in the round. I have to say I am pretty happy with how he came out overall. The only difference is compared to the way I usually carve them he does seem a heavier, though he hangs from my ornament stands just fine. I may have to revisit doing them in the round as I do like the overall look of the ornament. Now I have one more to paint and place in my shop in the not so distant future. I may even step out and do a full figure Santa before all is said and done, you just never know.  



as always, 
Good night and may God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment