Sunday, February 18, 2018

draw

As I was working on some study sticks for casting in an effort for working on facial expressions I carved the pencil to the left. It happen just by chance I had carved the face from a piece of scrap wood and after detailing the face I carved the pencil around the features just to finish it off in a fun way.

Upon sharing this on my pages, some folks showed interest and I carved three more mixing up the facial features and working on improving on areas I felt were weak with my faces. While carving the three and reviewing them after painting a cartoon I had sketched years ago came to mind and from there my mind came up with a thought for yet another pencil carving.




And so I carved the final one today, cowboy pencil who's not afraid to challenge anyone to draw. Corny yes, but funny, well I think so.





as always,
"Good night and May God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment