Thursday, March 22, 2018

a small carving becomes a big deal


It all began with this little guy; he is 4" long but only 1 1/4" wide. He was a fun little carve and I was happy with hoe he came out. About the time I was carving and painting him up a friend of mine and fellow carver sent me some butternut wood, a few corner cuts from 3" block 12" long. Well this one piece looked really nice and I got this thought in my head that I could re-carve the design of the little guy on this big piece of butternut and so I did.

With him being 12" long I figured I had plenty of room for some extra detailing and so I gave him a flight cap and goggles as well as the long folded cap. Of course if he was going to have a leather flight cap he would probably be a smoker so I gave him a cigar as well. I don't normally carve anything this big and at times I pondered why I was but in the end I was happy with the design and carving. Hope you enjoy him as well.

as always, 
"Good night and May God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment