Sunday, April 29, 2018

study sticks and castings

So for a while now I have used 1" blocks for practicing facial features, I would usually carve a 6 inch piece and carve three faces in it. Then one day I thought why not do some painting as well and so I did. I then received a request to carve one for someone, nothing in particular just three different facial expressions and would I please do the partial paint as one I had previously shared on a carving page.

Then out of the blue I was approached by someone asking if I would ever consider having castings done of my sticks and so I now have. I had two sticks with three faces each that I had cast and the folks that do the castings are wonderful at what they do, the detail in each one they create for me is amazing.

So lately I have been kept pretty busy sending out castings and carving study sticks, trying to always give the carver a range of expressions on each one I carve.















as always, 
"Good night and May God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment