Tuesday, February 5, 2013

cottonwood bark revisited

Back on the 28th of September I started carving the wood spirit that I finished and posted the other day. The evening of the 28th I went home with another piece of wood and carved from my at the time, tired memory. I posted the piece the following day what I had done soon after that I added some detailing for hair and then left it alone, until last night. Last night I went back in to make some minor adjustments. Take a look and see what you think of it now, I have included the before and after pictures to refresh your memory of what it did look like, as well to show what it now looks like. I could put a little more effort into the mustache and around the eyes but I think I will leave this one alone now and move on and begin a new carving.

No comments:

Post a Comment