Thursday, March 20, 2014

bottle topper pt 4

Well here he is the painted bottle topper "night cap", I think this is an appropriate name for this guy don't you? I incorporated the use of my wood burner, which I haven't used in a month of Sundays so a little rusty on it but practice, everything takes practice. I will post better picture later but these will give you the general idea of how it is coming along and of course he still needs his final sealant coating to finish him off.

The only thing I have considered was if I would come back on the flame and cut out some detailing and motion. If I do this i can leave it the natural color of the wood and it would be one more highlight color. I think this might give better definition to the motion of the flame but at this point I am still undecided on whether or not I want to tamper with the carving, as carvers we have to know when to walk away and leave well enough alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment