Monday, January 26, 2015

finally carving

I have been out of commission for lack of a better way to explain it for over a month now and minus the other day when I played with the new carver that I have I haven't carved since before Christmas probably. I won't go into why I just haven't, so yesterday I decided I would test the waters and see how I was doing and for the most part it went well. I carved a Santa face since this wouldn't be complicated and would be a quick test to see how I was progressing.

Just to make things interesting I carved a few sections different from how I normally do it just to see how it would come out and that to went well I thought. So here is the little guy, may be the last Santa I carve in a while but who knows.



 
I like that he can stand up on his own but will still put an eyelet in so he can be hung on a tree. You may notice I have already placed the pencil markings for his eyes and that is how they will stay, the direction seems to match the carving.
 
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment