Friday, January 30, 2015

carving doodle


Another carving doodle, I like this one. I was happy not only with the overall carving but really like the way the profile came out. I didn't plan on  his eyes squinting but as I carved I felt that this would match his personality a bit more then eyes wide open. Honestly the overall face made me very happy.

The only negative that comes to mind is the stylized way I carved the mustache. I don't think this matches his other features the way I would like but I don't believe it takes away from the carving so will leave well enough alone. I will re-address the mustache once I begin to paint.

On a final note, I take photograph's of the different stages of almost every carving so I have the history of the progression. I believe this is a great way to revisit each one when they are completed and evaluate what you think you did well and what things you may change in the future.
 
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving 

No comments:

Post a Comment