Sunday, May 24, 2015


Here are two more of my little pine knot carvings. The first one is a simple face carving trying to keep it light as to match the wood. Before I began carving this I thought many would carve this as a more dramatic face but the cartoonist in me went the other direction. I considered carving something on the back as well but I like the way the outer portion frames in the face and knew I would loose some of that if I worked something in on the other side.
The second carving I cleaned the wood off from the top layer and then This one I kind of left it up more to the wood on what I would carve. When I first cleaned it off the was a portion protruding out and this with a bit of shaping became the nose. The rest fell into place once this section was established. with the way the wood had a certain curve to it I slowly began to see that this was the man in the moon and he looked so comfortable I thought he must be sleeping, and so he is.



as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment