Wednesday, May 27, 2015


Two more pine knot carvings, these are two more of my smaller ones. I like the small ones because they don't take long and they give me a chance to experiment and try new things. With these two, that is exactly what I did. My goal was to make the lines blurred between a human face and the way the tree grows and forms. A prim example is with the eye sockets, these easily could be knot holes that form naturally in a tree.



I like the way they came out and the response from the family has been good and the concept seems to convey. When I was carving I thought would they really look more human than from nature or would they look more like they are part of the tree and part of nature. No matter the reason behind the design, I like the overall look and feel and will try to work this style in with the next large pine knot carving.


as always happy trails 
and 
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment