Thursday, November 26, 2015

tow ornaments pt 2 plus 1


Well I not only have been working on the two ornaments but also carved out a 3rd to go with these. I now try and paint a few at a time instead of carve paint, carve paint. The three "wise" men are coming along nicely and will get a finish applied some time soon. In the past I have dipped my carvings but with these I will use a paint on finish and see which one I prefer and which one gives me a better carving in the end. There are always new ways to do things and more productive and efficient ways as well. Sometimes the better finish is not always the most efficient but we will see hopefully by days end. I need to get these done and into my shop as I am running low right now. If I don't put a finish on them today I will get to it tomorrow as I may end up carving some this afternoon. That is the blessing of carving in my living room, I can carve and hang out with the family at the same time, after all it is Thanksgiving Day.


as always, 
Good night and may God bless  


No comments:

Post a Comment