Friday, November 16, 2012

one more piece to the puzzle


Well I have added one more piece to the carving puzzle. Yesterday I picked up a Delta 9" band saw, used but in good enough shape to get the job done. Of course there are some minor parts that had to be ordered to get it put back together. I ordered the parts yesterday and including shipping and one or two additional accessory that is needed I will have paid more for parts than I did for the machine itself. The person I bought it from had no use for it and made it worth my taking a chance with buying it not knowing what the cost to repair would be.

On a side and more serious note the woman that had this for sale, her name is Barbara and she has lost her husband to cancer. It was his machine and she wanted it to go to someone who would use it. He was a wood carver, he was someones husband and I believe someones father. So everyone who reads my little insignificant blog, today it has a purpose. Please lift up Barbara and her family for comfort and peace this holiday season.

While we are on our knees, can we remember all those who faithfully serve to protect this country that we so dearly love. Many will be away from home this holiday season and many in harms way. Almost all of them volunteered to protect and serve. There was One other who served on our behalf, He came willing to take our place, to redeem a lost world. His humble beginnings, born in a stable, let us remember Him this holiday season. To both of you who read my blog have a Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment