Sunday, July 27, 2014


“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent..."
 
Calvin Coolidge
 
I had a friend, Susan Alexander, share this with me recently. I think she noticed I was letting my mind take over and discourage my plans and she would be right. My wife and sister had said the same thing in a different way but it's funny, we get so used to our family believing in us that sometimes we think of it as blind loyalty and maybe it is. Most of the time isn't the point that we just need to try, understanding that if we give it our best and we fail those that love us will be there, just as they were the day before.
 
Remember, you have to look for a four leaf clover to find one, so was it really luck or persistence?
 
Don't take the support from friends and love ones for granted. Chase your dreams and give it your best as a way to acknowledge the love and support you are given. No matter why you try, always remember the quote above because;
 
 “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." 


as always,
 
Carpe diem........you fill in the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment