Wednesday, March 18, 2015


 Well I have carved the chest portion of my American farmer, used my wood burner to highlight and clean some areas and finally put the first sealant coating on the piece. Next is of course the painting process, I will give his bib overalls stripes as they remind me of the ones my grampa used to wear on the farm out in Nebraska. Haven't decided the color or style of the shirt yet, may be a flannel shirt but probably not as I don't want to overdo it with the stripes on both the bibs and the shirt so probably a solid color for the shirt and a white t-shirt under the collared shirt.
 
I also haven't decided yet how I will position his head, am thinking of more of a straight ahead look just barely off from center. There are of course all those wood carving rules as there are cartooning rules on presentation but I always take those as more suggestions. We should always set up our carvings as we see works best. After all unless I sale the carving it will remain in my house and more than likely on display on my roll top desk. I have many carvings on my desk, some that will never be sold. I have my ribbon winners, I have some that I just don't want to part with and some that are waiting to be painted and then the decision will be made. Bottom line whether I sell them or not I carve what pleases me and my family and the rest as they say is icing on the proverbial cake. Did I mention there are carvings in some of the desk drawers and on the little table next to the chair where I carve? What can I say I have a few carvings here and there and my family, God bless them, supports me 100%. Yeah I am blessed.
 
as always happy trails
and 
Carpe diem 4 carving 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment