Friday, March 18, 2016

pilots 2

Well I am finally feeling better, had bronchitis for a few weeks and didn't carve much but as I say I am feeling better now. Recently I carved a pilot or 2 one with a cigar and one without. Yeah I know but I like the old pilots so I carve a bunch. they will be painted shortly but thought I would at least share my progress so far.

The pilot's cigar was carved from a small block of bass wood. Not every piece is squared up as I like to play around with the shape of the cigarette or cigar, like the soldier I did back on July 27 of 2015This is why I like to do this opposed to just using a wooden dowel. I have numerous pieces of bass wood in case a cigarette or cigar is needed for a carving. After all you can't carve someone from the WWI era and not have them smoking, can you?


The pilots are carved from the same block of bass wood, in doing this grain can become an issue but luckily it didn't hamper my efforts. I am happy with both pilots but I do like the overall expression of the none smoking pilot the best. Painting will begin shortly but for now this is where we stand.

as always, 
Good night and may God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment