Friday, April 8, 2016

game plan 2016

Every year I usually stop carving from January to the middle to the end of February. I do this because I am so active carving and painting from November through December for my shop. Of course then March rolls around and I begin to carve different things, bust carvings and maybe an entry or two for the CCA competition in August. All of a sudden it's October and I realize I need to get busy preparing some ornaments. This has been my process for the past two years.

Once again I have decided for the upcoming year to think outside the box and see what else I may want to carve and to date I have no plans to enter the CCA competition this year. The exception to all this is that I have told myself I want to carve a few ornaments each month so that I have plenty by the time we get to the holiday season. I don't want to be pressured during the season that I need to fill up my shop to the point that I can't enjoy the holidays with my family.

So to date I have carved about ten ornaments, two were carved last year. I of course will need to have a painting party soon to get caught up but so far so good. As long as I see a variety in my work I am happy. I will be ordering some more butternut soon since I believe this wood matches my style both for carving and painting. You have to love it when a plan comes together.


as always, 
Good night and may God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment