Wednesday, October 12, 2016

pumpkin carvings and more


So I took a break from the pattern book and dusted off the carving tools. I started with a study stick of sorts though quickly found that it wouldn't be long enough to do the 4 stages, so I did 3. On the back I thought I would use what I was practicing and carved a face. I was pretty happy with this one overall and may consider painting a portion of it in the next few days dependent on the rest of my work load.

Once done with the study stick I did a carving doodle of a face, nothing planned here just playing around with facial features and hair.




So I had one more evening that I got out my carving knifes and tried my hand at one last a pumpkin. Even though I have heard nice things about the new and old one I still have no desire to do any more. What can I say I am the Scrooge of Halloween and proud of it. I think the pumpkins expression explains it all.




as always, 
Good night and May God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment