Saturday, November 19, 2016

practice pieces


Here are two of my practice pieces, just some face doodles to work on how I carve the features of the faces. After all we always have some scrap wood so why not put it to good use. On the first one my main focus was the nose and eye area and the depth I was getting from previous carvings. I am working on having stronger profiles for my characters.

The second one was just playing around to see what I might come up with. This one was not as deep so I only worked the two sides though I could have carved something into the sides but overall I was happy with what I had so I left it as is.

Both have some good qualities to them and will continue to doodle and strive to improve my overall detail and design.


as always, 
Good night and may God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment