Tuesday, November 22, 2016

time to let go

 Well this year I made the decision to not hold on to some carvings after all I can carve more. But for me some carvings are like certain illustrations, they just hit a nerve with me and in the past it has made it hard to let them go, but that was then and this is now. After all don't I want people to have a chance to own some of what I consider are my best carvings, well don't I?

Give me a minute, I'm thinking about it.

So yeah when it comes down to it I do. I came to this realization at the Hickory show this past month when talking to a fellow carver. He made me realize that some of my most treasured carvings are the ones that will best represent me and my work, so why would I want to hide them away. So one or two of these are already in my shop and more will be shortly. I hope that they will bring the same joy in their new homes as they did to me while in mine.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and as always, 
Good night and May God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment