Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I finished off another one pt II

 So yes the other day I stated emphatically that I was done carving and would begin painting. Since then I carved two more before beginning the painting process. I carved one more Santa and then I carved a hillbilly Christmas ornament. I am having a good season thus far but it is cutting into what I had laid out for the month of November. Now December and the Christmas season is upon us and I have begun to say this and that will and won't get done this year. But you know what, that's OK. Sometimes we forget that we can come up with a game plan but nothing in life is etched in stone and we can't always accomplish all that's in front of us because we simply can't predict what the future holds.


 So the much anticipated book may not hit the shelves until the first of next year and the number of carvings I will carve for this season may end up being more than planned, but that too is just fine. A good friend recently told me "don't let it stress you, this is not the season of stress yet the season of joy". We all need to make decisions every day, what will yours be? I will choose to leave all the stress behind me as best I can for as Scrooge said "I am a mere mortal, I am liable to fall". The truth is that we are all mere mortals and fall prey to all the stress of each season. But this one is of Joy and Hope if we choose to believe.

as always, 
"Good night and May God bless"



No comments:

Post a Comment