Monday, October 14, 2013

three more carvings

I have been busy these last few days trying to get caught up on my carving. I will be setting up at a local church bizarre so am trying to get some carvings ready. Since my last post I have carved three more elves and soon will focus on carving a few Santa's to go with these. The thing I like most is the range I am getting with the caricature of all the ornaments. Even though they are similar (carved from the same rough-out) I like the wide range of expressions and features on each, hopefully so will the people at the bizarre. The carving in the lower row at the far left was an idea that my youngest thought would be funny. He has helped in the past with ideas, my favorite of which was, jack-o-Dan, the Halloween snowman. I have to say was a funny idea that came out really nice, thanks son.














Carpe diem carving

No comments:

Post a Comment