Sunday, July 26, 2015

butternut pt 2

Before I go any further I have to say I was excited when my posting; 3 new ornamentsIt has now received over 1000 views, to date 1017. For most blogs this may be minor but for this little blog it's pretty big. The closest to this is under 200, yeah big deal. Well thanks to all who have stopped by and taken a look at my work.
Now back to the butternut carving, I carved the body of this bust the other night and for the most part I was happy with the way it came out. The carving is based on a WWII uniform though he is not meant to represent any particular branch or unit. He was carved to represent the American soldier. For that reason I will not put a patch or rank on him. HE is the average Joe serving his country.

As I mentioned I was fairly happy with the way it came out but the more I looked at him the less I like the portion below the belt. I don't know if it made it looked to much like puzzle piece or if it made the lower portion look like an apron. Either way I was not liking the way it came across so I made some modifications.


Once I was done I felt better about the base and can already see how this will help the cloth of the jacket blend into the base of the body. I always try to envision the next step and how what I am doing now will impact the next stage of the process. I am slowly seeing this come together and am anxious to get the the next stage.


as always 
"Good night and may God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment