Sunday, August 9, 2015

Holiday carvings and a little competition

 Well I have begun to carve some new carvings for my shop and of course for the holiday season. This year I will have more butternut wood ornaments and as always will also have bass wood ornaments as well. Right now I am playing around with some design ideas and from these I will begin carving my 2015 line-up. I will have some of my tree top elves as well since I got positive feedback from those last year. I will also bring back my pilot design from the previous year since that also seemed to get positive feedback. I am considering one or two more design ideas and will post them as they get worked out.



The other thing I have been working on as of late is setting up the line up for my entries into the CCA competition this year. I will enter five carvings, two bust carvings and three relief carvings. I am happy with what I am submitting but you never know what the results will be at this level of competition. I have had a couple years where I was blessed to have placed and I had a year where I didn't at all. Prayers are of course always welcome. The judging is closed and I won't know anything till the carvings make it back home. I am always a bit tense till they actually make it home in one piece.

As I stated I will post more designs as I get them done and will share my results from the competition no matter what the outcome.

as always 
"Good night and may God bless"  

No comments:

Post a Comment