Wednesday, August 12, 2015

new ornament

Last night I got out a small corner cut piece of bass wood and began to doodle. A wood doodle is when you have no set game plan you just begin to cut and see where it leads. I had originally considered just carving a face but at the last minute I got an idea for the cap and away we go. I liked the way the carving had come out but then while hollowing out the back I cut through so incorporated this into the carving. I knew I was getting close and pondered whether that design would look good with this carving so I guess subconsciously I wanted to try it, and so I did.

This was cut with no rough cut set up and I am leaning towards doing this the whole season, this way I don't have any limitations on what I want to try or how want to carve. I will try to carve most nights and then once I have a good number will paint them up. I also will be changing the way I apply the layers of paint but will go into this on another day and another posting.



 as always, 
"Good night and may God bless"


No comments:

Post a Comment