Friday, June 1, 2012

Santa progress

 So I took my Santa roughouts template and 1 ½” by 1 ½” by 12” block of bass wood and cut it up into roughouts. I have set it in my sights to carve all the roughouts but to play with the style in which they are carved. While doing this I am also experimenting with the gouges that I now own to become more familiar with the way to utilize them in my carvings. So far I am happy with the results and see an improvement in my carvings overall. I still have areas that I need to work on and will be moving on to those after this portion is done but for now I see progress and that is all I can hope for. I have been busy painting these as well and will share those shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment