Sunday, June 10, 2012

test pilot pt 2





So I painted my test pilot Santa and for the most part like the way it came out. When painting the goggles I first painted it with a watered down brown to match the cap. After it dried I then came back over it with a diluted blue including the inside rim of the goggles to give the illusion of glass where there was no glass. I like the effect it gave and will try this again in the near future. The Santa’s’ cap I painted with a darker shade to give a vintage look and to also not have it stand out too much from the pilots cap, next time I will lighten it up more with a more reddish color. Other than the obvious carving errors I am happy with the concept and will try to re-carve the design making some corrections to the goggles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment