Saturday, July 28, 2012

New layout same blog


I have made a few changes to my blog page, changed the background picture and added a few new links. Also I have added a cartoon on the page, to the left, the patriotic snowman. He is Yankee Dapper Dandy part of the Dapper Dan series. I will be posting more carvings soon, I hope. Do check out the links added like the Iowa carver, he does awesome work. Of course all the carvers in the links section are extremely talented. Also click on the “Wood Chips in Yer Eye” link, another carver I found on the web that does amazing work. I will always add new carvers whenever I find them.

The cartoon was done in water color and was done as a fund raiser for an alumni group from University of Nebraska. It is a picture based on the famous catch by Matt Davison from the 1997 game against Missouri. This was a lot of fun creating this along with the two others that went with it. The event didn't meet expectations but it was a fun experience designing the illustrations, beyond that not so much. It was once said; "Out of life's school of war: What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment