Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wood be tea time


Is that herbal tea I smell? 
I'm a mug!  A COFFEE MUG!!

Just thought I would share this with you, I am currently trying to get a feel for relief carving so decided to try one of my cartoons, one that wouldn't be too tricky. I might be wrong with the choice I made. 

I have cartooned allot of coffee cups, years ago when I worked in an office there were the two camps. There were the coffee drinkers and the tea drinkers. From the cartoons I have done it may not be obvious which camp I hail. This was one of the first cartoons I did along this line and it began an obsession with cartooning inanimate objects.  As I progress with my efforts I will share more of the original cartoons and the way they come out in wood, if presentable. If he looks familiar it is because he was my first blog image posted. You get an "atta boy" for having stuck it out from the beginning.

On the carving side this will bring some challenges based on the angle of his glance. I could have done one with a profile but where would the challenge be in that? But we will see how it comes out, nothing ventured nothing gained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment