Monday, July 30, 2012

really, another one?


It’s not that I only carve Santa’s it’s just what I am working on right now. I have been trying to improve either the design or the way I carve with every Santa. The one I carved and painted yesterday has a little more focus on the facial features as I am trying to improve on this area of my carving. The main focus for me on this one was the eyes and the nose. I did carve the nose larger than many of my previous to experiment with his facial characteristics. This is another Santa that I will leave the beard un- painted and let the finish I put on it add the color. I will mix up a finish that has some antiquing to it so there will be a small amount of color seen on the beard but you will mostly see the grain of the wood here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment