Tuesday, July 30, 2013

try try again day two

Well I haven’t dropped it yet so I might as well begin carving the body, as I said I wanted to carve it as a great coat. I am not saying that my carving will be better than good; this is what the coats were referred to as, a “great coat”. There are many different versions of the coat so I grabbed a few pictures off of the internet for basic reference to flow and depth and began to carve. I am happy with the outcome though next time I may give more length to the body or maybe not do the cut out forming the base to give more definition to the coat itself. I did carve a grove in the shoulder to give a feel of layers, once it is painted I will get a better feel if this helped, hurt or had no impact. Here it is for now will be painting soon, so more to come. 









No comments:

Post a Comment