Monday, July 29, 2013

try try again............. I guess

Well I have to say I don’t like defeat, nobody does, and though the civil war soldier minus the cap came out well in the end I was still not happy that it broke in the first place. This is the second one I have carved just to have it break, so try, try again. That is exactly what I have done. I started a new soldier and hopefully I can make it all the way to the end of the process (and beyond) without dropping, breaking, or anything along those lines. As always I carve the head first and then afterwards I match the body to the head. I have always thought of carving the soldiers coat that has the layer over the shoulders and might attempt that with this carving. Here is the progress thus far, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment