Sunday, April 19, 2015


 Well yesterday my sinuses got the best of me and for the most part I was down for the count. So since I would be sitting around all day I decided to get out some old carvings and apply some paint. I will tell you this was relaxing but painting numerous carvings all at once is not my standard operating procedure. I like to paint them individually so I can manipulate the paint for each carving. Though you could make an argument for painting multiple carvings at once for the efficiency of paint consumption and usage let alone the production value added. All in all I was happy with the way most of them came out. I do have one or two I need to do some additional painting and one that I may modify what I have painted thus far.
 What I did find is that this is a good way to try new things and experiment. If this was carving you were preparing to sell this may not be the time for you to get bold. Don't all of us have old carvings that we didn't think we would sell but we liked enough not to throw away or am I the only one that does this. Well if you are like me and you do, you may not have painted them but I encourage you to. The next rainy day or a day like yesterday where you are just sitting around with nothing to do get out some of the carvings and experiment. Step away from how you normally would paint things and try a new approach, or simply modify the way you currently do things just a bit to see if there are any benefits to the modifications. You never know till you try.


as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving
(and painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment