Saturday, February 7, 2015

luck of the Irish update



 This morning I got some work done on the body portion of this carving, gave him a nice sweater to wear to keep him warm after all it's 43 in Dublin. As I did with the tree shelf elf, once all the details in the carving are complete I will put a sealant on the carving and then add some paint to the carving. At this point I will probably add color to the face, possibly the beard. I of course will paint the eyes and the sweater as well but that will probably be it for this one. I like to have the wood and it's grain be highlighted as this is part of the lure of this wood. I may add some color to the cap but if I do it will be subtle. I may try and have the grain be the pattern of the cap opposed to painting something on it. But we shall see...........

as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment