Tuesday, February 10, 2015


This is the second of the two carvings done with a Nebraska theme. When I began to prepare to carve a hunter for my niece I rough cut two different setups to see which one would match up best with my plans. The first came out well and will be the one she receives so since I had this one left over I thought I would carve one for our house, after all I and my youngest are Nebraska fans as well. I really exaggerated the folds in the cap and also added a stripe down the center of the cap to match the helmet. I gave him a fleece jacket that will be painted grey with the "N" painted red of course. I considered putting "cornhuskers across the back but have opted out of that as to not over do it. I may paint a helmet on the back in the center though. I gave three bust and an ornament a sealant coat yesterday so will begin the painting process today if not tomorrow.

 
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving


No comments:

Post a Comment