Thursday, February 12, 2015


My latest carving, this one is of a man in a ball cap. I am not sure yet how his body portion will be carved but I am leaning towards a shirt and coveralls. Might even do a half body to allow me to carve more of the coveralls. For the cap I  might give him a John Deere design. I am also considered putting "USA" on the cap with a American flag design on the bill of the cap. Or it could end up being a fishing cap. Haven't decided as of yet. For me this is part of the joy of carving, watching the carving progress into a character. Before I even begin the carving process for this and the soldier's body portion I need to get some painting done. This will give me more time to consider all the options and how I want to proceed for both.

as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment