Saturday, February 7, 2015

the luck of the Irish


Well I am back to carving and am currently working on a bust carving. I will work on the body portion today I need to make the call on what he will be wearing to match his cap. I am considering a nice Irish sweater, maybe a turtle neck. With or with out a jacket I haven't decided but am leaning towards that at the present time.
 
He was carved from butternut as will be the rest of the carving, This is the actual piece of wood that due to the grain gave way the other day and caused me to stab myself, that is why I carved his ears in a way to suggest maybe a bit of Leprechaun in him though as I am typing this I have to say I don't know that Leprechauns are known to have any particular style of ear. I gave him sad eyes but for no particular reason, I have toyed with what direction he will be looking. I may break the carving rule and simply have him looking straight ahead.
as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving   

No comments:

Post a Comment