Tuesday, June 21, 2016

a new old one has emerged

 Well sometimes you just have to step outside the box and see what you can do. This fellow I had carved up on the farm this past spring and the hand I had carved maybe two years ago. So I thought why not attach the arm and see how that will look and then it hit me. While I was preparing to attach the hand I saw that I still had some left over blue rod from the other project and this got my mind spinning. So I grabbed a piece of wood dowel, and set it up to be placed in the hand, drilled the appropriate size hole in the hand so that he could keep a steady grip on the dowel. Then for the final piece de resistance, I drilled a small hole in the wood dowel and attached the blue rod.

He really has become a fun little carving now with the additional pieces, the only thing left to do is possibly carve a hood into the top and then of course I will add some color to him. You may have noticed the action shot in the second photo, that's because I snapped the image right when he began to lean over. Because he seemed a little off balance from now having a hand I gave him a base to stand on. The top of the base was done when I was testing out my Dremel router set-up and I have to say I was very pleased with how easy it was to use and how easy it worked even on a piece of a tree trunk. I loved the first image I got of him on his base the lighting really worked well but being an old Photoshop guy I had to play a little with the filters, just cause I can.

as always, 
"Good night and may God bless"

No comments:

Post a Comment