Tuesday, June 28, 2016

I can't get a handle on it

So I got these gouge handle cutouts a while back and decided to use them up. Now for me personally I love the tools I have and the handles they came with but there are many carvers out there that love changing out the handles for carved handles. That is actually how I got these, I had a carver ask me if I had ever carved any handles and would I consider carving him a few and so I did. 


But now I have these new handles and need to see if I think outside the box and carve them more like the originator had intended and honestly the answer is no. This doesn't mean I don't like the carvings I did but if I am being honest, and I am this is not how they are normally carved.


 


Upon carving the fourth handle, (these are two handles on one piece of wood that meet in the middle) knowing that I had no plans on putting these on my tools I had a thought. How would it look if I took the two carvings and blend the middle so that a portion of it works for both. So now I have a jockey that has the color not on his jersey but on his pants and those same colors will be the colors coming down from the tie the gent is wearing. The last two images are one and the same, with each being held upside down, or right side up dependent on your point of view. For those I may have confused with this I will get these painted up and then will post the end results for your viewing pleasure.















as always, 
"Good night and may God bless"


No comments:

Post a Comment