Thursday, August 25, 2016

soldier carving

Well the excitement of the ribbons just like Christmas morning has
passed and now it's back to work. I went to Kroger last week and the DAV had a table set up, passing out pamphlets and business cards. Well low and behold their office was on the same street as the recycle center that I was preparing to go and drop off some crushed cans. So I decided to stop in and introduce myself and see if I could help out. Of course my way of helping out had a carvers twist to it.

I had previously carved a soldier that I wanted to donate to a veterans group somehow and when I couldn't make that happen I gave it to our vet, Veterinarian that is. He is a wonderful vet as well as an Army vet. He has taken care of our animals for 22 years. He served as a Vet in the Army so it was fitting that it goes to him.

So I now have carved another soldier, this one has been given a Butternut wood base and I placed an old Army button on the front to help decorate the carving. He will be auctioned off for the local DAV chapter. I will see if I can get more information on the auction once it is set up and will post it here and on my Facebook page for those who may want to participate. I am pleased with how this one came out and more importantly I am honored to help our local DAV in even my small way.


as always, 
Good night and May God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment