Saturday, August 20, 2016

what did I find...... Fini

Many or at least one or two may remember back around the 6th I had everything ready to ship off to the CCA, Caricature Carvers of America competition. Well as you see they made it home today, just as every year before since my 1st entries back in 2012 it's like Christmas. Your package arrives and even though you part of what is inside there is the other part you don't know. How did they do? Well this was certainly a wonderful Christmas for me as my pilot carving won a blue ribbon, first one that has been brought home. I thought last year's second place would be the highlight of my carving career. I am slowly becoming known for my Army Air Corp pilots as well as having carvings with pipes and cigars so this guy represents me well.

Many know the verse

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose and rebuked the winds and the seas; and there was great calm.

Well in this house it's more like "O me of little faith". I actually told my youngest son that I would probably never win a blue ribbon to which he replied, "what is the best you have received so far?" and I told him it was the red that I received last year. His reply was simple, "so you can win 2nd but don't think you could win a 1st". And you wonder why we are called to have the faith of a child.


So will this change my overall confidence, probably not. Will I ever doubt my abilities as a carver compared to some of the talented carvers I know, probably so. Yet for this one moment in time I can bask in the joy of my efforts and be thankful for the gifts I have been given. As for tomorrow, it will have to take care of itself.

as always, 
Good night and May God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment