Tuesday, September 16, 2014

4th of 4 finally painted and then some


Well last night I painted the last of the four and it came out pretty nice, if I don't say so myself and as Red Skelton would say "if I do it I get a whippin..........I do it" so yes it came out pretty nice. I did this one with less detail on the carving side and let the paint do some of the highlighting. You may have noticed that I didn't carve detail in the eye brows but simply applied a layer or two of paint. Didn't paint in much detail in the tassel either just a coating of white and fini.



I also reworked or modified a carving that had already been painted and thought it was done. My neighbor is a tech fan and is having some health issues so I modified the ornament for him. Since I am a Nebraskan this will not become a habit of defacing my carvings with other teams :) but hopefully it will bring him a smile during this time.



as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving
(and painting)









No comments:

Post a Comment