Thursday, August 28, 2014

Christmas ornament


Well here is another old school knife carving and again a Christmas ornament. I have tried to push the level of detail I carve into faces and still have room for improvement but as the saying goes sometimes less really is more.
 
I like the balance of detail in this carving but will need to keep this in mind when painting him. I don't want to over paint the details and I also don't want to simplify the painting process where it diminishes the carving itself. There are times when carvers will wait for the painting process to add additional details. I will make the final call during the painting process on whether to leave any wood un-painted.
 
Overall I am happy with this carving but will wait till all steps are complete to make my final assessment on how it came out in the end.



 as always happy trails
 and
Carpe diem 4 carving





 

No comments:

Post a Comment