Tuesday, August 12, 2014

power to the carving the flip side

Well this morning and then finishing this afternoon I carved the flip side of my little power carving. I am really having fun with this new way to carve and so far so good, no statues of David quality carving but hey I will never reach that level, I just won't but then again growing up my favorite artist was Michelangelo. My favorite of all time was the la pieta, did you know this was the only one Michelangelo ever signed, years later he regretted his outburst of pride and swore never to sign another work of his hands.  



So now this one is complete, I had carved the face this morning but wanted to tweak a place or two and then I wanted to add something that would make it obvious that I had carved it, yeah he now has a candle on his head. It's my thing what can I say.

And no I didn't sign this one either................



as always happy trails
and
Carpe diem 4 carving

No comments:

Post a Comment